Due to the rapid increase of active Covid-19 cases in Thorp, the Thorp Public Library has decided to change some of its policies to help mitigate the spread of the disease and keep everyone safe. We hope everyone who uses the library can work together with us during this time.
- The library’s maximum capacity will be limited to a total of 9 people, including staff. The capacity for the basement community room will also be 9. Exceptions may be made if families or persons from the same household are visiting the library together.
- Wearing masks is highly encouraged and recommended. Free masks and hand sanitizer are available in the library.
- In-Person Story time on Tuesday mornings is canceled for the next 2 weeks (11/23 and 11/30). In-person Story time will continue after this period, pending the amount of active Covid-19 cases in Thorp. There will be a limited amount of take-home Story time craft kits available for pickup at the library, as well as free coloring sheets.
- We ask that people spend no more than 30 minutes at a time in the library. Exceptions can be made based on need.
- We will be limiting the number of computers available for public use to 2 in order to comply with safe social distancing.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult when using the library.
- As always, we will continue to offer curbside book pickup upon request; simply call the library and provide your name and what books you wish to check out, and we will prepare them for you and hand them to you at a pre-designated time. We also have our online catalog at Thorppubliclibrary.org, which allows patrons to look up books and materials in our library and the entire V-Cat catalog, and request them for pickup at our location.
These policies will remain in place until the number of Covid-19 cases in Thorp drop from their current number (as of 11/15/2021, there are 28 active cases in Thorp) to the 1-5 case range. Thank you all for supporting the library during this time. If anyone has a question about these or any other of our policies, they feel free to contact us at 715-669-5953.